Saturday, June 25, 2011

Hard Boiled

Chow Yun-Fat is Inspector Tequila in this action-packed romp through the seedy underbelly of Hong Kong. Ok, so it's full of guns, it's directed by a now famous director, and stars a now famous actor, in probably one of his most famous roles. Yeah I'd say this movie really did put a lot of people on the map. Making this a pretty famous movie. Well I watched it with girlfriend, as I do most action movies I review, because to be honest I never know if they are fun for anybody else. Well she didn't have fun. So I guess it's not a great movie...

Well actually it is in a different way. It's full of intrigue and plot twists, you never know exactly who's on who's side and why they are shooting at the main character. There's a lot of shooting in this movie. I timed it from when the credits roll and when they started shooting people it was under 6 minutes. This has got to be one of the more violent of the movies I've reviewed so far, in fact my girlfriend said it was too loud because of all the gunshots. Oh well.

I'd say this passed mustard, but only for action movie lovers. Maybe gun nuts, and Chow Yun-Fat fans would like it too, I wouldn't know anything about that. If you want to watch it with a friend, make sure they have an idea of what they are watching before going 3 hours of gunplay and soft talking with bad voice over.

No comments:

Post a Comment