Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Bridesmaids (2011)

I got dragged to what I originally thought was a chick flick by my girlfriend. I was surprised that she wanted to see it cause normally she only watches action or comedy movies. Turns out I was wrong this is a pretty funny comedy movie, with a bit of a sad story thrown in. Many parts of this reminds me of many of the "guy" movies I've watched over the years, and still others remind me of 27 dresses and a few other "girl" movies I've seen. I wasn't rolling in the aisles laughing, but mostly because I'm not a big fan of awkward comedy. And there's a lot of that chest wrenching stupidly awkwardness that I just don't like. On one occasion I was actually groaning, because it was a Frasier level of situational awkwardness. However that one scene doesn't condemn the whole movie, especially with the love story, the "best friend" story, and the betrayal story rolled in. I'd say this movie Passes Mustard, but wait till you can get it cheap.

No comments:

Post a Comment