Tuesday, June 16, 2015

E3 2015 - Ubisoft Press Conference

The reason I look forward to this conference every year has to do with  Ubisoft showing their passion for games and gaming on their sleeves.  That and Aisha Taylor is an excellent host, and did a great job this year.  I was wondering if they would do the whole backstage interview thing like last year, which hadn't worked, but could have with practice, and they really didn't.  I liked the walk around and talk to an audience member thing, and really liked that Ubisoft encouraged some costume play.

Now for the games!  The show opened with the words "The EPIC RPG returns" meaning Stick of Truth 2 The Fractured But Whole! Honestly I know nothing about the first game besides what was shown last E3.  It looks like it would be a bunch of fun, but I just don't know.

After Ms. Taylor's short monologue, Yves Guillemot came out to introduce a game I would definitely like to try that contains Knights, Samurai, and Vikings, in glorious sword battles.  It's called For Honor (which I think is misspelled since Ubisoft is Canadian).  There are some really amazing moments in the demo, like when a friend comes and saves the guy we are following.  It's not out yet, but you can go to a website to sign up for a preview. [https://www.ubisoft.com/en-US/game/for-honor/]

The Crew Wild Run looks to be bigger, wilder, faster than the last The Crew.  The trailer showcased monster trucks!  Next along was Trials Fusion Awesome Level Max expansion looks, well, awesome, with a cat riding a fire breathing unicorn in front of a triple rainbow.

The Division is an online open world action RPG that lets you shoot people, hide behind things and talk to your friends while trying to stay alive and loot corpses.  Some of those corpses could be other real people also playing the game.  If I were still interested in theses SOCOM type games I would be totally into this game, but as my life stands right now, meh.

Anno 2205 is a city building, space race game that really tickles my fancy.  Not much has been said about it in this conference, but you can find out more info at [http://anno-game.ubi.com/anno-2205/en-GB/home/index.aspx]

Do you have a smart phone? Then you can play Just Dance 2016 without a camera on your console.  Not bad considering Just Dance Now has been on my phone but unused for ages.  Plus we get to see Aisha Taylor and Jason Derulo on stage.

So when did Rainbow Six turn into SOCOM meets COD?  Now with Rainbow Six: Siege: Terrohunt!  So you get to hunt down terrorist AGAIN!  It now stars Angela Bassett and like I said before if I was still into SOCOM type games I'd probably play this.

Do you remember TrackMania? no? well it's an over the top arcade racing game, that now has a turbo edition!

AC Syndicate gets a big roll out here, and I've been typing for hours so I just don't want to do this game any injustice.  The trailer has been out for a month, and if you haven't seen it yet, you will be surprised by it. Last but not least we get a look at bust-a-druglord!  I mean Ghost Recon Wild Lands.

So my verdict is that this Ubisoft Press Conference Passed Mustard!  Check out the games that are coming out of Ubisoft,

No comments:

Post a Comment